Neo-Hippie Ramblings - I'm a Non-Conformist Just Like All My Friends: In Good Company

Sunday, January 23, 2005

In Good Company

My wife and I went to see In Good Company this afternoon. Excellent movie - insightful and character-driven without being 'artsy' or pretentious. That's a rare thing.

It reminded me of The Graduate quite a bit, not because of anything in the plot, but simply because it poses some eloquent and challenging questions about the state of society, the role of technology in business and the issue of work/life balance.

Having once lived through the buyout of a 'small' big business by a massive conglomerate driven solely by short-term concern for its share price and the naked greed of its executives, I got quite a few laughs (if bitter ones) out of it.

0 Old Comments: