Neo-Hippie Ramblings - I'm a Non-Conformist Just Like All My Friends: Something work-related for a change

Friday, May 20, 2005

Something work-related for a change

Following is an e-mail chain from the other day that went among me, a member of my QA team and the project manager of our large, ugly software implementation project:


That hurt

-----Original Message-----

From: [me]

Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 2:17 PM

To: [QA team member]; [project manager]

Subject: RE: [QA team member] Out of Town 5/21-5/23


Sorry [project manager],

You're only authorized to deny us an adequate testing window. (IT Division policy.) QA management is the only group authorized to deny us vacations, life events, deaths or adequate project resources.

;)

- [me]

-----Original Message-----

From: [QA team member]

Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 2:05 PM

To: [me]

Subject: FW: [QA team member] Out of Town 5/21-5/23

I'm glad we have a PM with a sense of humor.

[QA team member]

Quality Assurance, IT



-----Original Message-----

From: [project manager]

Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 2:02 PM

To: [QA team member]

Subject: RE: [QA team member] 5/21-5/23


denied

-----Original Message-----

From: [QA team member]

Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 1:50 PM

To: [project manager]

Subject: [QA team member] Out of Town 5/21-5/23


[project manager],

I will be out of town Saturday, 5/21/05 - Monday, 5/23/05. The [project] leads are aware that I will not be in the office Saturday through Monday. However, I think that I forgot to tell you. Sorry about that.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

[QA team member]

Quality Assurance, IT


Now for the zinger: our project manager thought that this whole thing was really funny, so he read it out loud at a management meeting that included my functional manager, who may not have been quite so amused. Doh!

1 Old Comments:

Funny blog, not as funny as your face though!

Morris
Ask Morris

By Blogger Morris, at 1:26 PM