Neo-Hippie Ramblings - I'm a Non-Conformist Just Like All My Friends: Baby's due in 5 weeks and we still can't pick a name

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Baby's due in 5 weeks and we still can't pick a name

Yikes.

P & I picked out a boy's name with no problem whatsoever. Not that we need a boy's name...

It's been a high-risk pregnancy, and she's had about a half-dozen sonograms. During the past 3, there hasn't been any indication whatsoever of boy-parts, so it would appear that I'm going to be the father of three daughters very soon.

Anyway, we can't decide on a name. We've got a fairly short list, but none of them seem right to both of us. We kick each one around for about a week and then come up with some reason not to use it. Sigh.

8 Old Comments:

Karl?

By Blogger Fred, at 12:39 AM  

ok ok for a girl I have many names. angel, sky, season,Rebecca,diane, elizabeth,just to name a few. But of course I named my boys weird so don't take advice from me lol. Anthony Allen Neslon jr. and Dakotta Scott Nelson. My daughter is Rebecca Anne Nelson

By Blogger Angel, at 12:02 AM  

Anastasia?
Megan?
Scarlett?

Boys:
Ethan
Colt
Bob

By Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic, at 8:29 PM  

Karl??? Did I mention that this was a child that we want? ;)

The boy's name was easy to pick - Nathan James - we're just not having one!

It's the girl's name that we're hung up on. Lately Marley Elizabeth is the top pick, but it changes almost daily.

By Blogger Rambler Joe Snitty, at 10:14 PM  

I remember when our first child was due. We were on a long drive and my wife had a baby names book. Every time she read a name I would come up with a nickname that we could expect the child to be called at school.

Knowing how cruel kids can be to each other, we wanted to make sure that we found a name that wouldn't be easy to make fun of.

By Blogger Rodney Olsen, at 6:07 AM  

We've been screening them through our four-year-old. She's pretty good at coming up with rhyming nicknames.

And I liked Naomi until my wife pointed out that it's 'I moan' backwards, a fact that some of her classmates had discovered and used to torment a girl at her middle school.

By Blogger Rambler Joe Snitty, at 7:13 AM  

Saint names are always good.

Or you could just jab your finger into a dictionary and use whatever noun you find there.

Or throw a dart at a map.

Union City Snitty, perhaps.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 PM  

Earlier this week, P. suggested Sylvia or Cassandra. I like both of them, but prefer Sylvia of the two. P. has since decided she's not sold on either. She likes Lily, I like it but not enough. Plus our 4 year-old heard it and started rhyming it with 'billy goat'.

By Blogger Rambler Joe Snitty, at 10:32 PM