Neo-Hippie Ramblings - I'm a Non-Conformist Just Like All My Friends: Fitter, Happier

Monday, October 17, 2005

Fitter, Happier



I've been in a bit of a funk, lately. (Listening to OK Computer repeatedly probably hasn't helped -- having Fitter, Happier bleeding into your dreams is never a good thing.) I don't remember exactly when it happened, but at some point I started hating my job.

I just spent over a year on the Project From Hell and for some reason I can't shake the tangled ball of stress and anger that grew out of it. Things that I used to shrug off easily just bug the living shit out of me now. I'm honestly trying to get past it, but I seem to have developed a hair-trigger temper somewhere along the way -- something I never had before.



To some degree, I'm just not a good match to the corporate world. I like the sort of work that I do, I seem to be pretty good at it and I get along well with co-workers, but at the same time I just don't feel like I fit. Case in point: I can't fathom the idea that someone would want to live in a subdivision, belong to a homeowner's association or go on a golfing vacation.

I'm not sure what it is that I'm 'supposed' to be doing, but it doesn't feel like what I'm doing right now is it.

0 Old Comments: