Neo-Hippie Ramblings - I'm a Non-Conformist Just Like All My Friends: Dumped my Vice Fund shares

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Dumped my Vice Fund shares

It hurt, because the fund is doing really well. I bought most of my shares at under $8/share. It's well over $15 now, and still going up.

A while ago, I told my wife what the fund was (alcohol, tobacco, gambling and defense industries), and that I had moved some 401k money into it. Her response was "And you're okay with that?"

I thought I was at the time, but's been bugging me ever since. If this country were spending it's defense budget on defense, I guess I would still be okay with it. Prohibition has never done anything but more harm, so I don't have a problem with any of the other 'vice' industries. But as things stand, the defense portion is blood money and I can't get around that.


0 Old Comments: