Neo-Hippie Ramblings - I'm a Non-Conformist Just Like All My Friends: Just dropped the IM address from my Blogger profile

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Just dropped the IM address from my Blogger profile

I just deleted the IM address that had been posted on my Blogger profile. Over the past 5 months, I've only gotten a handful of IMs from that address. Of those, one was a relative (who usually IMs me from another address) pinging to say hello, one was someone who I conversed with briefly about the average price of kind bud in Manitoba, and the remainder were random requests for cybersex -- one of which was from a very persistent L-) who couldn't seem to grasp these simple concepts about me:
  1. Happily married
  2. Not interested (in case #1 didn't make that clear)
  3. At work in a cubicle (!)
"Don't mind me, boss, just sitting here in the office flogging my log with a random stranger. Gee, I hope none of my co-workers walk by, especially my wife!"

Anyway, like I said, I deleted the reference. I don't really understand what prompted the solicitations in the first place. There's nothing even remotely sexual on my Blogger profile and I didn't even create a Yahoo profile for that identity. If I'd been in a chatroom or something, I'd guess that maybe they were just bots, but I don't do the chatroom thing either. Got terminally bored with that about 10-12 years ago.

0 Old Comments: