Neo-Hippie Ramblings - I'm a Non-Conformist Just Like All My Friends: John Candy & Phil English - Separated at Birth?

Sunday, July 31, 2005

John Candy & Phil English - Separated at Birth?


Shocking physical similarities aside...


John Candy's character was accused of taking dirty money in Armed and Dangerous.

Phil English is accused of taking dirty money from Tom Delay.


John Candy starred in Canadian Bacon.

Phil English recently headlined the CAFTA vote for dipping into the American pork barrel.


John Candy's career was cut regrettably short by a heart attack.

I saw Phil English walking in a Fourth of July parade this year, and 100 yards into the route he was panting, drenched in sweat and looked like he was just about to have a heart attack.

4 Old Comments:

That's fucking funny. Now all we need is a Phil English Saturday morning cartoon. "Camp English," does have quite a ring to it.

By Blogger Clyde J. Toledano, at 1:57 AM  

Joe, I do not mind debating, but the "stay off the crack" statement really shows your level of immaturity and your uneducated views. I do agree that sex offenders are routinely slapped on the wrist. The playing field is not level in Justice. As are the bloggers.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 AM  

I actually started feeling guilty about the 'lay off the crack' comment, which I'd left on Anthony's blog in response to a posting in which he blamed the ACLU for possible retaliation against detainee abuse.

That feeling of guilt only lasted for a brief moment, after which I realized that the person questioning my maturity level had set 'ACLU are pussies' as his e-mail identity.

Sorry, dude, you get zero points for moral high ground. So let me just reiterate: Lay off the crack.

By Blogger Rambler Joe Snitty, at 5:54 AM  

I miss John Candy.

And, man, that ACLU. How DARE they try to defend civil liberties? What are they thinking? Goddamn bastards, trying to uphold the CONSTITUTION from savage neocons. How dare they?! That damn ACLU! They're so out there that there's no WAY any Republicans would ever work with them (CO-dickarmeyjohnmccain-UGH!)

Anthony, I'll reiterate. Lay off the crack.

By Blogger Bradley Herring, at 12:54 AM