Neo-Hippie Ramblings - I'm a Non-Conformist Just Like All My Friends: More Shady Accounting by DeLay -- Who Would've Thunk It?

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

More Shady Accounting by DeLay -- Who Would've Thunk It?

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A political committee founded by House Majority Leader Tom DeLay may have improperly spent unregulated "soft money" on get-out-the-vote and fund-raising activities, the Federal Election Commission says. A DeLay attorney said Thursday the money has been reimbursed.

Americans for a Republican Majority Political Action Committee "potentially" spent about $203,000 in soft money from its nonfederal account to pay for the political activities and administrative expenses, the FEC found in an audit.
Article continues online at CNN.

Pretty standard stuff here; nothing we haven't seen before. I'm fairly certain that if I "potentially spent" $203,000 on something I would probably know it.

Anyway, here's the line that just cracks me up every time I read it: "Everything in this audit is accounting issues," [Don] McGahn [DeLay's lawyer] said.

Um, Don, I'm not sure if you're familiar with what a financial audit is, but...

0 Old Comments: